Gift card processing veterans Matthew Frye and David Jones bring to market the ability for any marketing, sales, employee, loyalty, or other promotion program to feature leading gift cards for gifting, incentives, recognition, and other promotional activity that can be activated on demand with a simple smart phone application.
Because so many smaller business owners and operators are unaware of the corporate IRR (incentive, reward, and recognition) market, most organizations buy gift cards at their local retail outlets paid for at checkout, often long before they are used. Founded in 2019 and backed by experts in the payments field, CardNow aims to make it possible for every company to have its own portfolio of desirable gift cards. Co-founder Matthew Frye says it is a “one-of-a-kind, patent-pending product and platform that includes a reusable box of 25 inactive, ready-to-load gift cards for a select set of retailers and restaurants. A CardNow Starter Box is available to buy online where you can pick the gift cards you want from an assortment of over 50 brands for a one-time fee of $12.99. No additional fees apply beyond the amount loaded on each gift card when the buyer is ready to activate them. All refills are also included, so you can keep your inventory full of the brands you need with a few taps in the mobile app.” People can choose any denomination.
Using the CardNow concept, companies can effectively set up their own gift card carrousels for promotions, incentives, gifting, or fund-raising, and activate the card as close as possible before the moment of presentation for the exact amount needed, Frye says. “We see great adoption where workforce and customers are still engaging in person and expect this will accelerate as more face-to-face activities come back.” The company offers a core selection of in stock name brands and is regularly expanding its selection, even including eGifts in a recent update.
Frye says purchasers receive 25 cards in “a sturdy and reusable box for easy storage that can be used by itself or that fits in most standard desk drawers. The cards are activated in whole dollar amounts on-demand within the CardNow app, available for both iOS and Android devices. This provides the best of both worlds: a physical card, but not having to add the funds to the card until it is needed, as well as no longer needing to send someone to the local supermarket to wait in a line.” Because the cards are unusable until activated, it’s safe to keep them around to activate and hand out as needed, he adds.
Company investors include CardNow founders Matthew Frye and David Jones, Commerce Ventures, as well as other individuals within the fintech and payments industry.
For More Information
Chief Executive Officer
CardNow at CardNow.com
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.