In a sign of the horizontal integration in the IRR space predicted by RRN, the WorkTango employee voice platform has been purchased by an employee experience tech firm known as Kazoo.
Kazoo, an Austin-based employee experience platform, has acquired WorkTango, the Toronto-based employee experience survey and people analytics company founded by Rob Catalano and Nadir Ebrahim, formerly of Achievers. Worktango is designed to “give employees a voice and leaders actionable insights to create a more engaged workforce. With this acquisition, Kazoo will be the only solution in the market with a full suite of employee listening, recognition and rewards, and performance management capabilities, all in a single platform,” the company claims.
Over the last two years, the nature of work has dramatically changed, and this acquisition comes at a pivotal time as companies focus on their people more than ever,” says Patrick Manzo, CEO of Kazoo. “Our companies share a singular vision for making work better for more people, regardless of where they work. By leveraging the best of both companies' technology and talent, this acquisition gives our customers a better pulse on employee expectations and experiences and allows them to use those insights to drive greater engagement and ultimately achieve better business results.”
Through this acquisition, Kazoo says it will expand its “capabilities with WorkTango's comprehensive employee listening solution that gathers employee feedback via configurable templates, intelligently analyzes the data in automated dashboards, and recommends next steps for people leaders based on those insights. Additionally, Kazoo will leverage WorkTango's expertise in data, analytics, and AI across the platform to unlock a more complete understanding of an employee's day-to-day experience. Together, Kazoo and WorkTango will continue to support more than 1,000 customers globally ranging from small and midsize businesses to global Fortune 100 enterprises like Kia of North America, LogicMonitor, the Brooklyn Nets, and Bluetooth.”
“Joining forces with Kazoo and bringing our passionate teams together provides our customers with greater value and better service amid the ever-evolving workplace,” says Rob Catalano, co-founder of WorkTango, in the announcement. “Together, we're offering the market a best-in-class solution for creating phenomenal employee experiences and an environment where everyone can thrive. We built WorkTango with a passion to improve (work) lives, and this next step in our journey helps us live our passion at a broader scale.”
The companies believe their combined capabilities will allow businesses to better connect, engage, listen, and grow their biggest asset — their employees.
Click here to get RRN news delivered each week.
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.