Augeo Acquires Wellington Experience Design and Gifting Firm
According to Augeo, Wellington's "human-first" approach to developing signature experiences has helped clients expand their revenue, advance mission-centered work, attract and retain new talent, fund raise and engage their most important constituencies. Founded in 1994, the company designs experiences in live, virtual or hybrid events and provides strategic gifting, promotion, and community- building services.
"We are experiencing impressive growth in our meetings and experiences business," explains Joseph Keller, President of Augeo's Enterprise Engagement business. "Expanding rapidly into virtual and hybrid experiences has enabled us to capture new opportunities. Augeo has partnered with Wellington over the past several months on a variety of programs and that success has resulted in us coming together. The strategic expertise and operational experience of the Wellington team means that Augeo will be able to grow even faster and, most importantly, provide greater value to our clients," Keller adds. The combination of the two companies creates a powerhouse organization that supports the full experience engagement lifecycle, Augeo states.
"We worked collaboratively on a few large-scale projects the past few months and saw how the offerings of each company were complementary,” explains Joan Wells, Wellington CEO. “Wellington experienced double-digit sales growth in 2020 because our strategic partnership approach ensured we pivoted and provided responsive solutions to meet our clients' shifting objectives. Combining forces with Augeo will enable us to expand our capabilities and reach new markets. The world of consumer loyalty, community platforms, member benefits and employee engagement are a natural growth area for our signature experiences and community-building capabilities." Wells will join the Augeo leadership team guiding this high-growth area of the business.
"As we prepare for a year of continued growth, the Wellington team brings valuable experience to Augeo," adds Joseph Keller. Wellington has worked with leading companies across the country to seamlessly blend strategy, content, logistics and technology into end-to-end experiences that foster engagement and build communities, he adds. "We are very bullish on live experiences as we move out of the pandemic and anticipate resurgent demand for these solutions as well."
For over two decades, Augeo has consistently grown organically and through acquisitions, the company says. This acquisition marks the third in the last nine months. In April 2020, Augeo acquired Empyr, a leading fintech provider of card-linked loyalty solutions, to form Figg. One month ago, Augeo acquired Deluxe Rewards to advance the company's consumer loyalty capabilities.
Wellington will remain located in Overland Park.
For More Information
Chief Strategy Officer
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.