The promotional products industry continues its push to promote sustainability and is now joined by a leading master fulfillment company in the world of brands.
Earlier this year, one of the promotional industry’s leading marketplaces, Sage, enabled searches for products based on ESG (environmental, social, governance) and diversity.
Now, the Promotional Products Association International has named Elizabeth Wimbush as the association’s first director of sustainability and responsibility. “The PPAI Board of Directors made elevating these causes a pillar of the strategic plan it developed for the industry in 2021. And the hiring of Wimbush indicates PPAI’s sincere intention to see it through,” according to a recent PPAI newsletter. PPAI is running a Product Sustainability Summit Oct. 8-11.
“There is a need to bring everybody and all this positive intent together and galvanize it into action,” says Wimbush, an industry veteran of nearly seven years. “I want to be part of that.”
According to PPAI, the native Canadian, who currently serves as Vice President of Supply Chain and Sustainability for distributor Genumark, will begin her association tenure late next month. As she is set to become one of the industry’s most important leaders and an authoritative voice on all things ESG, she says the earliest days in her new role will be for listening and collaborating.
In another move responding to the demand for greater focus on sustainability in retail brands, Links Unlimited is now promoting specific brands for their sustainability, defined by packaging that is recyclable, reusable, or biodegradable, and how materials or ingredients are sourced.
The field does not appear to have yet addressed the coming need to include customer, employee, supply chain, distribution partner, and community engagement efforts in their sustainability reporting as a result of the European Union Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive.
RRN: Your Partner in Success in Incentives, Rewards, and RecognitionPublished by the Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org
- The only weekly news, how-to and resource publication of record for the Incentive, Rewards, and Recognition field.
- The only marketing agency focusing specifically on the IRR and broader engagement marketplace.
The Industry’s Only Combined Media Platform and Marketing Agency to Help You Expand Your Business
- All the industry news, research, announcements, and how-to articles read by over 20,000 end-users in sales, marketing, and human resources; incentive, recognition, loyalty and promotional companies, as well as marketing and human resources agencies, seeking to enhance performance through effectively designed incentive programs.
- Unparalleled business development services for engagement, incentive and incentive travel, recognition firms; brands, gift cards and master fulfillment companies, and technology firms, featuring ROI-based business development strategy design and ongoing digital and social media and e-newsletter communications to help marketers profit in the coming era of cookie-less marketing.
- Unique abilities for solution providers to sponsor authoritative, evergreen content directly related to what they sell through the EEA’s Effective Practices series on articles in our media platforms.
- EEA YouTube Channel with over three dozen how-to and insight videos and growing with nearly 100 expert guests.
- Access to new technologies from EEA preferred solution providers enabling brands to create their own points-based or transactional redemption site.
- Unparalleled expertise in program design, return on investment measurement, reporting, and prescriptive analytics.
Outreach to Enhance Industry Awareness
The EEA is dedicated to helping address the fact that the IRR business remains a little-known industry.
- The Association of National Advertisers education effort reaches the CMOs of almost every leading brand to promote our industry and the importance of program design through created for their members.
- The Brand Media Coalition has led the way in helping brands better tell their stories for use in incentive, recognition, and loyalty programs, and to actively promote the importance of the reward experience and buying through industry channels.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance is assisting companies with the upcoming Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, which includes details on the practices and metrics involved with employee and customer engagement.
Promoting Effective Program Design
- The EEA provides comprehensive and growing library of concise, research-based resources to promote serious ROI-based thinking, including the importance of the reward experience.
- Join the Enterprise Engagement Alliance to master the processes of enterprise engagement, stakeholder management and reporting, or contact the EEA to get expert assistance on strategy design, implementation, and reporting.
RRN: Your Partner in Success in Incentives, Rewards, and Recognition
Contact Bruce Bolger at 914-591-7600, ext. 230 or email Bolger@TheEEA.org when you want to get to know or get known in this growing $1.76 billion marketplace.